Snoring during sleep

I snore during sleep.. I have tried recording it several times and I've observed that the snoring sound comes from the nose and not from the mouth. Mouth remains closed during sleep and as sufficient air is not coming in the nose, may be, resulting in nose applying excess pressure while inhaling.. which results in very loud noise. When I was born and till the age of 10 years I used to breathe using mouth only as nose was more or less blocked due to pneumonia history during birth.. Now I breathe using nose only but the breaths are relatively loud and heavy even during day time..

Doctor Answers (3) on Snoring during sleep

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil Bangalore | ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist
This will require a proper ENT examination according to the sleep apnoea protocol. Please use this app to fix up an appointment with me at my clinic Healthcare@Basaveshwaranagar. Use Google Maps to locate & navigate to my clinic. Hope to see you soon.
Dr. Sandeep Dachuri Bangalore | ENT/ Otolaryngologist
You have sleep disordered breathing.Go to a good ENT SURGEON. Get a nasal endoscopy done. Sleep study will be required. Later it can be decided whether surgery will help you or not. Meanwhile try to reduce your weight. I can help you, if you come to me. Dr Sandeep Dachuri. Bangalore.
Dr. Vinay S Bhat Bangalore | ENT/ Otolaryngologist
Snoring is nothing but sound which comes as a result of air passing through a collapsed narrow airway. Causes are many and most common ones are obesity, deviated nasal septum, adenoids hypertrophy, thick tongue base, lingual tonsillar hypertrophy, lax soft palate etc. If you are over weight then you need to reduce weight before looking for any treatment. If weight is not an issue then consult ENT surgeon or sleep surgeon for further investigation and treatment