Sneha Mehta

As Hypothyroidism patient I have no idea what to eat or not in hypothyroidism or which foods or vegetable and fruits to be avoid in hypothyroidism please can you give some suggestions...thank you

Doctor Answers (3) on Sneha Mehta

Ms. Rekha Sachdev Pohani Pune | Dietitian/Nutritionist
U need good weight loss.due to thyroid u need take care of lifestyle. I can help with 4-5 KGS wieght loss in month.don't take cheese butter they are salted.
Ms. Kanchan Patwardhan Mumbai | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hello Dear.. Please avoid Goitrogenic substances which is present in cruciferous vegetables (cabbage/cauliflower/broccoli/brussel sprouts) in a raw form. This condition also one can easily reduce weight. There are many myths about your condition Hypothyrodism, please be aware that certain foods which you ned to avaoi, can be consumed in a cooked form. Goitrogenic substances can be easily destroyed as they are heat stable while cooking them. Could you pen down the medicines you take for hypothyroidism? We would like to know your daily schedule for further treatment. We are practising nutrition since 19 years and we work online customising according to your daily schedule. Suggesting nutrition that can address your hypothyroidism and obesity helping your immune system with balanced life. We are available and very active consulting online across the globe. Please visit www.kanchanpatwardhan.in Regards..
Ms. Nisha Singh Mumbai | Dietitian/Nutritionist
Hi, in hypothyroidism, you majorly need to avoid soyabean and Soya products like Soya milk, tofu, nuggests.
Apart from this cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli, radish, mustard leaves, peanuts are also told to avoid, but you can have these if they are well cooked or roasted. I would recommend that don't include these vegetables in the morning time or time closer to post taking your medicine as the enzymes in these vegetable can interfere in the absorption of your medicine.
You can safely take it in lunch or dinner meals and in cooked form.
Jowar and Bajra are also to be avoided or used in restrictions.

All other fruits and vegetables are fine to be consumed.

cooking does not make Soya and its products safe to it.