Snapping sound from Hip

Basically I feel popping sound from left hip when it is stretched and tightness to. I visited a orthopedic and he said that it is tightness and didn't ask for any X-rays. I am scared to hips misalignment and it is might be tight hip flexors. It has been 3 years i am facing this problem. Long term fix would be appreciated. Also, when I exercise and lift weights then this pain vanishes. And when I sit for prolonged period then the pain arises.

Doctor Answers (4) on Snapping sound from Hip

Dr. Umesh Solanki (PT) Delhi | Clinical Physiotherapist
Long term fix is dependent on your commitment and the problem is purely postural and mechanical. Gluteus, piriformis and iliopsoas stretching is required With strengthening exercises.
Dr. Vishwas Virmani Noida | Physiotherapist
Hamstring stretching Towel Hamstring Stretch Lie on the back, supporting the thigh with the hand or with a towel wrapped around it.. Slowly straighten the knee until a stretch is felt in the back of the thigh, trying to get the bottom of the foot to face the ceiling, one leg at a time. Hold the position initially for 10 seconds, and gradually work up to 20 to 30 seconds. Seated Hamstring Stretch While sitting at the edge of a chair, straighten one leg in front of the body with the heel on the floor. Then, sit up straight and try pushing the navel towards the thigh without leaning the trunk of the body forwards. Hold this stretch for 30 seconds Repeat 3 times for each leg.
Dr. Anuradha Sharma Noida | Orthopedic Physiotherapist
Firstly do MRI.
Tk physiotherapy treatment for pain avoid stretching till relief.
Avoid long standing.
Dr. S K Jena Delhi | Orthopedic Surgeon
Mri hip required
mri