Small lump on back neck

Hi..my husband developed a small lump on back neck where hair starts 8 months ago..its in size of small pulse and is painless.we consulted general surgeon 7 months back..he said it is hair bed infection and suggested to use antibiotics for a week..during medication it reduced in size 50% but did not go completely..we revisited doctor after week..and he said it can be removed By surgery..but the size is very small to perform surgery..so said us to ignore it..and ensured that it will not cause any harm in future...but he said it can grow in size..and suggested to use antibiotics when grown...and also said it will not disappear by time..and will be there....please suggest how can we get rid of it..? Will it cause any harm in future?

Dr. Amarpreet Singh Riar
General Practitioner 11 yrs exp Delhi

Hello. I understand your concern.This seems like a Pilondial Cyst. The above symptoms can be managed by the following medicines . Tab Ceftum 500 mg twice daily after meals. Fucidin cream twice daily local application. I would also like to add , please answer the following questions. Is there any hole in the infected place? Did it contain pus? Please consult with the answers and I will guide you perfectly Dr Amarpreet Singh New Delhi
Dr. Deepthi Rao Gorukanti
General Physician 2 yrs exp Hyderabad
If its a small one nothing to worry.. if increases in size,then get it removed. Can you post a photo of swelling..?
Dr. Lohith
It wouldn't cause any major issue in future except for recurrent infection. You can get it removed if the size is big enough for a safe closure.