Sleepless Nights!!! Help!
Hi, My father is 48 years old. From past few weeks he is not able to sleep properly. He is having kind of sleeplesness. He will go to sleep around 1 or 2AM.He is also having tiredness and feeling anxiety. He has consulted one general physician, and physician has given him Etizola 0.5mg. What is this leading to or what could be the cause of this problem. Please tell me which doctor(For eg.Neurologist, general Physician...), I need to consult. Thank You

Dr. Jyoti Talukdar
Medical Microbiologist 18 yrs exp Gurgaon

Consult a physician first.  Avoid afternoon nap and ask him for night walk after dinner to tire him and this could help

Hello there.  I can understand your concern.  He has already been prescribed a medicine for his sleep and anxiety. Ask him to do yoga and meditation every morning.  Consult a psychiatrist in person for further evaluation and management.  Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.
Dr. Harisha N L

Hi there I understand your concern and anxiety...Exercise and stay active. Activity helps promote a good night's sleep. Get at least 20 to 30 minutes of vigorous exercise daily at least five to six hours before bedtime...Stick to a sleep schedule. Keep your bedtime and wake time consistent from day to day, including on weekends...Avoid large meals and beverages before bed. A light snack is fine. But avoid eating too much late in the evening to reduce the chance of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and improve sleep. Drink less before bedtime so that you won't have to urinate as often..if no improvements consult nearest physician for clinical examination they will do the needful.

Hi.... Exercise and stay active. Activity helps promote a good night's sleep. Get at least 20 to 30 minutes of vigorous exercise daily at least five to six hours before bedtime... Avoid or limit caffeine and alcohol and don't use nicotine. All of these can make it harder to sleep. Avoid caffeine after lunchtime. Avoiding alcohol can help prevent restless sleep and frequent awakenings.... Stick to a sleep schedule. Keep your bedtime and wake time consistent from day to day, including on weekends.
Dr. Rama S.K
Internal Medicine 16 yrs exp Dimapur
Consult psychiatrist
Dr. B Rajashekar
HELLO GET A COMPLETE EXECUTIVE HEALTH CHECK UP DONE AND THEN CONSULT A GOOD PHYSICIAN/PSYCHIATRIST AND DECIDE BYE