Sleep study

While sleeping my father is snoring lot with differential sound and feeling discomfort in chest checked with cardio done ecg,echo,tmt everything is normal only elevation in cholestrol on lipid profile then i went to pulmunologist they checked father asking me to take sleep study.please clarify me what was that test and what it is used for,cost,where is it available in bangalore,while i try to check in search engine dont have any relevant results, sleep study will really help to fix my father's problem give me a valuable suggestions.

Hello there.  I can understand your concern.  Sleep study is a test in which the patient is required to sleep in the sleep lab while the doctors watch and monitor all his required vitals to find out of there is any thing wrong. Its available at many major hospitals in bangalore. Just check around. I cannot quote a price because we do not have idea of the price.  Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.
Dr. Rama S.K
Internal Medicine 15 yrs exp Pune
Actually plethmysmography is undertaken to rule out sleep apnea episodes occuring during snoring