Skin treatment antibiotic

Hello , i undergone a treatment for skin acne from one MD dermatologist ..and doctor suggested me antibiotic for 1 month , 3 days in week ..serveral time during i suffer diaherra due to that medicine .. and after completion course there is lower left side pain infammation started .. some tell me its cause ulcer in stomach.. i visited that doctor he given probiotic and nexpro rd ..but no effect .. suggest if it can completely cure by any other.

Doctor Answers (1) on Skin treatment antibiotic

Dr. Pinanky Jadhav-Adhe Pune | Dermatologist
Hello, most likely you have been prescribed an antibiotic called azithromycin. It is used commonly for treating acne. Diarrhoea is a known side effect of this medicine as it increases the gut motility and/or sometimes kills the good bacteria present in the gut- in this latter situation Probiotics will help counter this problem. Azithromycin is unlikely to cause stomach ulcer. Is the diagnosis of ulcer made by you or by your Dr? If the current medicines are not helping you, then you can contact your doctor again for an alternative medicine or visit a MD Physician for stomach pain. Hope this helps, Dr Pinanky Jadhav, Pune