Shoulder problem
I am having shoulder pain while playing badminton. I am getting pain in right hand shoulder for the past 1month.not able to hit like before. Having pain in back shoulder muscle and also around the ball.circular motion. Lost power because of that. Not secure pain but pains constant and lightly.  tips 2 strength shoulder

Dr. Biswajit Dutta Baruah
Orthopedic Surgeon 14 yrs exp Chennai

Thanks for asking me to respond to your question. You may be having a SLAP tear or a simple labral tear. The shallow socket of the shoulder joint has a cartilage extension all around called the labrum. At the top end of the joint the biceps tendon gets inserted into the labrum and the associated bone. A year in this region is common in those who do overhead racquet sports like badminton. I suggest you take pain meds and rest your arm, that is avoid badminton for a couple of weeks. If pain still persists you may need to have MRI scan of the shoulder joint done to detect the tear. Good luck.