Shoulder injury.

Hello I had injured my left shoulder 4 years back. Since then few moments are restricted. Whenever I try or unintentionally move my hand in that direction there is a sudden jerk I don't really know how to explain it but it feels as if your shoulder is stuck and your bone has slipped down and is stuck there. It pains a lot amd after few seconds of struggle it is back to normal but pains for the entire day. I try to avoid such movements but sometimes even I'm asleep it gets stuck and I get up in immense pain. Pls suggest me some options. Thank you.

Doctor Answers (4) on Shoulder injury.

Dr. Anuradha Sharma Noida | Orthopedic Physiotherapist
Strength exercises like shoulder wheel.
Physiotherapy treatment for few days
Dr. Abhishek Jain Delhi | Orthopedist
Hi. there could be a bony or a muscular source to your pain. We need to examine your shoulder thorughly, do a xray and a mri. Most probably it could be Rotator cuff tear ( a muscular blanket of 4 muscles covering the joint from 3 sides) or deltoid/bicep tendon tear or capsular tear or undetected unattended fracture. Treatment may incluse physiotherapy or surgery depnding what do we have in the box.
Dr. Vandana Chauhan (PT) Noida | Physiotherapist
At first, your shoulder should be assessed and diagnosed properly. Go to an orulthopaedician for the medical treatment and then further physiotherapy is to be done in order to strengthen the weak muscles or if there is any inflammation or pain , it should be treated with the help of the modalities.
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello..
Well it seems like after the injury you have movement restriction because of which you are facing the locking..I would suggest you to consult an orthopaedician get examined..and you also require physiotherapy.its quite possible that you might have had a ligament injury which was not taken care well...it would have been better if you had shared the reports.thank you
orthopaedician and physiotherapy advice