Short term memory loss

At times I keep few things here and there and actually I m unable to recall where I have kept it...even if I try to recall unable to track very easily...and finding it very difficult to memorise..I m just 34 year old and don't why is this happening with me..I just want to get out of this situation ..kindly advice I really don't whom I should consult and how to deal with it.. Thanks

Doctor Answers (2) on Short term memory loss

Jankhana Hakani Mumbai | Psychiatrist
Hi. At the age of 34 years, if u are having memory loss means there is inattention or lack of concentration. Thus, u have not stored the event in your brain and so there his no recall. Now the only thing needed is to find the cause for this. For this pls see a psychiatrist. I am a psychiatrist n u can book an appointment weith me
Dr. Amit Jagtiani Agra | Psychiatrist
The most common cause of memory impairment is inattention. We often fail to give attention to minor things and as a result they are not registered in our memory. People with good memory often have a habit of paying attention minutely. This is a habit that can be developed by attention building tasks. Sometimes this inattention develops secondary to our preoccupations. For example, when we are tensed or preoccupied with some work, or when we are anxious. Try to ask yourself what is the issue with you which is resulting in poor memory. If you are not able to figure out yourself consult a psychiatrist or a clinical psychologist.