Short of height

I am around 17.5 years old and my weight is 62kg and height is just 66 inches that is 5'6". I have been going for morning walk since around 6-7 months. Please tell me some ways how do I add 4-5 inches or more to my height.

Doctor Answers (1) on Short of height

Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Exercise at least five times per week. By using exercises that help with gaining height, you will naturally increase the level of growth hormones in your body. Certain weight training exercises, high intensity sprints and bar hanging can help you achieve this. Athletic activities like basket ball and swimming are generally known to increase height.you must strengthen your abdominal and back muscles first to get the most out of your exercises.Eat a healthy diet. you have to eat more foods high in amino acids to help increase the levels of human growth hormones in your body. Adding calcium, zinc, iron, copper and magnesium rich food items into your diet can help you increase these levels as well.