diabetes-icon

Height problem

I am a male of age 22 years and 4 months. My height is 5.4, weight 57kgs. I had stopped growing height since 3 years. Is there a chance for me to grow height. I want to increase my height at least another 4 inches. Is it possible for me. I had heard about HGH for height growth. Where can I get this medication in india. I also want to know the best endocrinologist for height growth in india. Please help I really really want to increase my height.

Doctor Answers (1) on Height problem

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello,Unfortunately, once you're done growing, that's pretty much it. Men grow height-wise until ~21 years old, although depending on the person they may experience slight changes until 25. For someone in their later twenties, you're already not producing the regular pulsatile bursts of growth hormone needed to stimulate longitudinal growth, but even if an exogenous source was provided, the growth region of the bone known as the epiphyseal plate has already shut down, so you'd only grow laterally. If you get doses of growth hormone as an adult, you develop a condition known as acromegaly.