Shin Splints
I walk a lot, about 9-10kms a day and recently my shins have started to hurt. I thought of moving to jogging but couldn't jog a lot cause of the pain. Is it Shin Splints? If so... What can I do to avoid/cure this?

It is shin splint pain happens on fast walking . Start with stretching of calf hams and tibialis anterior muscle I. e muscle just next to your shin bone . Hold the stretch for 30 sec 10 rep 3 times a day and before starting to walk. No need of any medicine .
learn stretching and streathening exercises for the same from a good physio.
drink lots of water each day helps in maintaining flexibility of muscles.
Greetings, sorry about the pain.  Ice the painful area thrice a day and rest for 2 weeks.  no walking or running.  Pain will subside.
if you want a professional help see a physio specialised in massage and trigger point therapy you will get relief.
if any concerns do let me know