Sharp Shooting Pain

Hi, I have a sharp shooting pain in the lower-right molar. I have a cavity in that tooth for the past 2 months but did not face any pain. Recently it has started paining when i put some pressure on the tooth, when eating or drinking and even when brushing my teeth. It appears that the dental pulp is exposed. Could a simple filling fix this or will i need root canal treatment done? If root canal is needed, how expensive and how long does the procedure take? Is it relatively painless?

Dr. M. R. Pujari
Dentist 12 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi.. Based on your symptoms you need root canal for that tooth. Root canal is a painless procedure except little pain while giving anesthesia. It can be done in three visits. Each session might take 30-45min. It can be finished in a week. Root canal costs usually ranges from 2500-3500 and crown cost 3500-12000 depending on clinic and good doctor. Regards
Dr. Rashmi Punhani
Pediatric Dentist 6 yrs exp Bangalore
Hi there.... By the symptoms you told...it looks like u need a root canal treatment w.r.t. that tooth... It can be done single visit as well but that can be decided after examining u clinically and radiographically(with xrays) Regarding the cost factor...it varies clinic to clinic.. Ranges from 2500- 5000/- After RCT, better to go for a zirconia crown... Take care ...!!!
Dr. Piyush Jain
Dentist 4 yrs exp Bhopal
Go for rct
Dr. Priti Shukla
Dental Surgeon 10 yrs exp Bangalore
Hi!! When your teeth starts hurting(pain),and it is sensitive to hot items...than filling won't work,teeth needs rct....expense vary from clinic to clinic...rct is painless procedure... Gud luck :)