Severe pain in big toe
My spouse has severe throbbing pain in the big toe since last 24 hrs and she was unable to sleep well last night. Any kind of pressure on the big toe is unpleasant.

Dr. Ravi Nayak
Orthopedist 12 yrs exp Mumbai

I understand the pain has been present since a day. If there was no injury, we need to consider either raised uric acid or other inflammation as the causative factor. You need to consult an Orthopaedic surgeon, who will prescribe anti-inflammatory medications and get some blood tests done. In the meanwhile, she can apply ice over the toe and drink plenty of water.

Broken bone in big toe