Severe depression
I have been very depressed about myself. I have asked a few questions about myself here and every doctor gives me a moral explanation rather than on point medical and objective explanation. Can a psychiatrist explain me why is moral explanation more effective than medical so that I can trust them?

Dr. Phani Prasant Mulakaluri
Psychiatrist 18 yrs exp Hyderabad

There is a lot of ignorance not only in public but also in medical professionals that depression is due to taking a lot of tension or worry. However the science has progressed adequately and it is clear that depression and anxiety are due to neurotransmitters imbalance inside the brain.once the imbalance occurs patient starts experiencing sad mood worrying loss of sleep etc. No body can get depression by worrying. Once depression occurs like illness people start have negative thinking. Talk to a psychiatrist and take help.