Severe anxiety, tension

My friend has severe tension while doing something infront of others.she is working as a nurse in ot.while doing something infront of others she is getting.panick,and shivering hands,palpitation.but she is skillful in doing her work,and experienced also.she has been working tere for last 4 years.its started recently .

Doctor Answers (1) on Severe anxiety, tension

Dr. Sugandha Gupta Delhi | Psychiatrist
From the description provided by you I understand that the problems of tension, panic, shivering, palpitations etc are prominent specifically when your friend has to complete a task in front of others. I presume that in tasks where she is alone and is not surrounded by other persons her symptoms are absent. From the above mentioned symptoms it seems that your friend is suffering from anxiety spectrum disorder like social anxiety disorder, other possible causes could be generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder etc. She would also require a thorough medical examination to rule out endocrine or cardiac causes, thorough in this scenario they seem less likely. She should visit a psychiatrist who will take a detailed history, conduct a thorough interview, and get some medical tests done for her. After confirmation of the diagnosis appropriate medication and psychological intervention will be provided to your friend. I would urge you and your friend should seek an early consultation to help your friend in best possible manner and avoid complications. Hope this helps you..