Septated cyst in ovary

Hello I got periods again after 10 days n after ultrasound doc said i have septated cyst in one ovary n my CA-125 test was normal n MRI confirmed the septated cyst n radiologist said it is not malign for sure n may be not benign also but said its on doctor if she goes for follow up or surgery but My doctor told me that it should come out as much possible by surgery (laparoscopy) as it can because it can twist or can be converted into something dangerous n i am scared as i am Having exams in next month...i want to know is there any way it can go out by medication only without surgery... Thanks

Doctor Answers (1) on Septated cyst in ovary

Dr. Geetu Bhatia Delhi | Gynecologist
Surgical management depends on how big the cyst is and the type of cyst...if it is dermoid you have to get operated but if it is a endometroid or haemorrhagic cyst you can be on medication for some time....similarly if it is more than 8 cm you may need to get operated...so discuss with your gynaecologist and then decide