Schizophrenia and Depression
My mother has schizophrenia and depression. She has started taking alprazolam 0.5mg at night two years ago but now she is taking 4 tablets per day so I wanna know much alprazolam is dangerous? I fear that she might get resistant to it and will take more

The medicine you have mentioned is for anxiety. Need case details to help further. Advise her gently to not self medicate but consult a mental health specialist immediately.
Alprazolam is not prescribed for either Schizophrenia or Depression. Patients tend to increase dose on their own eventually if not carefully monitored. It should not be prescribed for long time. Kindly consultant a professional.
Alprax is for anxiety mot for schizophrenia nor for depression
What makes you think she has depression? Alprax causes dependence hence patient needs higher doses