Root canal treatment

I have gone through an Rct today...n it was so painful that i had leave it in d middle..the pain was unbearable even after anaesthesia injection...why is it so? N also my friends have gone through a painless Rct...why not me?

Doctor Answers (2) on Root canal treatment

That is very unfortunate, usually the procedure is without any pain.Probable cause may be delayed anaesthetic action or may be the tooth in qiestion is highly sensitive.Pain can be at times very unbearable,but you need to complete the treatment.Hope next time it's either painless or less painful.
Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, . A root canal is done to eliminate that pain. The root canal procedure itself is painless. A local anesthetic numbs the tooth and the surrounding area. Since you are feeling pain, may be simply due to not enough local anesthesia. Talk to your doctor and proper Co operation will help him to give anesthesia and also painless root canal therapy.