Root canal treatment

I have been advised by dentist for root canal treatment. Can you please advise is it a safe procedure to carry out? What should be my alternate options if I don't go for root canal?
views-icons 39 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (4) on Root canal treatment

Dr. Puja Bansal Pune | Dentist
hello, root canal treatment is the safest procedure in and out done everyday in all clinics by almost all dentists. if there is infection to the roots of your teeth, root canal treatment is the best treatment.
I have answered same to same question before.  I think it is wrongly posted again.  Thank you
Dr. Mithun Jith Puducherry | General Physician
Hi, Root canal treatment is one of the safest procedure to be carried out. That's the only way by which u can save your tooth from being removed. Internets always provide wrong informations. Root canals done by a specialist, and the tooth protected by a crown will surely last for 10+ years. So safety wise there is totally no risk involved. And if u want to know for alternates, implants are the only alternative right now. U can remove the teeth which troubles u and can replace it with an implant. Thank u
Hi dear
RCT is absolutely a safe procedure. You can get it done from an Endodontist (specialist in RCT). Option other than RCT is extraction (removal of tooth) which is advised if RCT is not possible or the tooth can't be restored back.
Dental Perfection, Indore