Root canal
I have got root canal treatment today for the front teeth . is it OK to wash my mouth with Listerine . anything that I should be avoiding ?

Mr. M. R. Pujari
Dentist 12 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi..yes you can use Listerine but dilute it with water. Regards
Dr. Rashmi Punhani
Pediatric Dentist 7 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi there ....you can certainly use Listerine mouthrinse ... You just need to avoid eating hard food from the concerned tooth...like hard fruits ....sticky biscuits.. Etc. Other than that, continue toothbrushing gently over that area.. Take care ..!!
Dr. V. Ravinder
Dentist 19 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi...hope it went off well. It's okay to use a mouth wash after a root canal unless your dentist has asked you to avoid doing that. Generally it is better to avoid eating anything too hard with the tooth till it settles down completely. Do however continue to Brush and maintain good hygiene. Take all the medications as prescribed Also report any unusual symptoms like significant pain or swelling to your treating dentist. He /she is the best person for all your queries
Dr. Chirag K Nebhani
Dentist 9 yrs exp Ahmedabad
Yes definitely you can use Listerine mouthwash without any issues, you should avoid hard food on particular tooth,and maintain proper oral hygiene by brushing twice daily and avoid any tobacco related products, as it may affect the treated tooth..thanks