Root canal

I have got root canal treatment today for the front teeth . is it OK to wash my mouth with Listerine . anything that I should be avoiding ?

Doctor Answers (4) on Root canal

Hi..yes you can use Listerine but dilute it with water. Regards
Yes definitely you can use Listerine mouthwash without any issues, you should avoid hard food on particular tooth,and maintain proper oral hygiene by brushing twice daily and avoid any tobacco related products, as it may affect the treated tooth..thanks
Dr. Rashmi Punhani Bangalore | Pediatric Dentist
Hi there ....you can certainly use Listerine mouthrinse ... You just need to avoid eating hard food from the concerned tooth...like hard fruits ....sticky biscuits.. Etc. Other than that, continue toothbrushing gently over that area.. Take care ..!!
Hi...hope it went off well. It's okay to use a mouth wash after a root canal unless your dentist has asked you to avoid doing that. Generally it is better to avoid eating anything too hard with the tooth till it settles down completely. Do however continue to Brush and maintain good hygiene. Take all the medications as prescribed Also report any unusual symptoms like significant pain or swelling to your treating dentist. He /she is the best person for all your queries