Right ear hearing

Hi, About ten years ago I got with an incident in which someone slaped at my right ear and it got bleed.  And I am sure that I have lost my right ear hearing but still need some professional giudance on what to do next to   cure.  Can it  be cured completely? Can this affect my left ear too? Thanks

Dr. Vinay S Bhat
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 7 yrs exp Puducherry

any blunt injury to your ear will cause one of the following problems which can cause hearing loss 1. rupture of ear drum which may fail to heal 2. injury to sound conducting bones 3. injury to inner ear causing sensory neural hearing loss first two causes can be treated by surgery but sensory neural loss will require hearing aids you need to undergo ear examination by an ENT and audiological examination such as audiogram and tympanogram. once cause of your hearing loss is confirmed then it can be treated accordingly I assure you it won't progress to your other ear