Required weight gain

Hi doctor !! Am 23 years old guy..i am not able to gain my weight..still my weight is only 40kg..pls do something to improve my weight..if u have any weight gain program pls makes me to join..i am eagerly improve my weight ...pls doctor...help me :( :(

Ms. Swati Kapoor
Dietitian/Nutritionist 4 yrs exp Bangalore
Being underweight could be due to many reasons like eating very less, highly active,  due to stress, lack of rest, bad  bowel movement. If you have any such problem please make note of it. On the hand, there are certain guidelines which you can include in order to gain healthy weight: 1.you should at least eat three major meals a day and snack in between. 2.diet can have varieties and new foods and recipes can be tried. 3.serving size can be increased like drinking milk in a glass. 4.you should include food combinations like dal. Rice, chapati, vegetables and curd in one meal. 5 .regular outdoor exercise can help you to stimulate appetite.