Removal of Wart

I have a wart close to my left eye. Have been suggested to have it removed (by surgery under local anesthesia ) as a precaution against it becoming malignant at any stage. As of now there is no issue . Is it advisable ? Since it is close to left eye will it be safe ? Any fear of nerve damage ? Any other issue that may crop up ? Recurrence etc. ?

Doctor Answers (2) on Removal of Wart

Dr. Ajaya Kashyap Delhi | Dermatologist
Thanks for your query. wart removal is absolutely safe even if it is close to the eye.There are less chances of it getting malignant than it spreading to other places.
Himanshu Gupta Ghaziabad | Dermatologist
I would first like to confirm your diagnosis, so kindly share the image of the affected area. If it is a wart, there is no risk of it getting converted to cancer, but there is risk of spread to other areas. So it is better to get it removed. There is no risk of nerve damage as this procedure is confined to superficial layer of skin. Carefully done, there is absolutely no risk even if wart is near eye. For further queries you may consult me in private conversation.