cardiologist-icon
Reduce ldl cholesterol
My age is 42 and ldl cholesterol is162 hdl 43 i want to reduce the ldl pls suggest me how i can reduce cholesterol from162 to 109

Dr. Navya G
Hi there.. your ldl is high but good thing is your good cholesterol ie hdl is on higher side too.. to reduce ldl here are some tips.. -avoid trans fats totally from your diet. -reduce saturated fats intake. - have pufa ie polyunsaturated fatty acids like omega3 and omega6 rich foods.. -have more fiber in your diet. -do brisk walking or jogging everyday for atleast 45mins in a day. - cut down your total calorie intake of day by 15-20% -Spices like garlic, cumin, ginger, black pepper, coriander, and cinnamon, curry leaves.. al these are shown to reduce cholesterol levels. -avoid smoking,alcohol,fried junk foods..