Red spots on skin

Hello doctor I sometimes have red itchy spots on my skin. This generally appears when I do vigorous exercises or play or even when my body becomes hotter at the time i am nervous or in sun. These red spots make me uncomfortable but they dissapear in 5 - 10 mins. This can happen at any time of day. I am feeling if this is due to some blood allergy I have developed ? These spots have started coming from past 3 weeks.

Doctor Answers (1) on Red spots on skin

This is probably acute urticaria tending to go into chronicity. Meet a Dermatologist near you for proper guidance and identity a emergency care near you. Most of the times it resolves though a cause should be identified or probability of relapse is there. These conditions have a strong relation to one's internal health and it needs to be evaluated as often quoted - Skin is the mirror of internal health.
The key is to find a good Dermatologist who will explain you about the condition and various treatment options.
A common mistake is to take antihistamines as when and needed while it should be taken for a reasonably long time frame in urticaria whether you develop hives or not. After a certain period,its advisable to wean the treatment.