Recorrection of tooth
Hi, I had corrected by tooth when I was 12 years and removed the clip at the age of 15. Now I am 39 years and gaps are comming mainly to lower tooth, would like to have it corrected. Like to know whether it is recommended at this age, is it possible to put for lower tooth alone and how much will it cost to put ceramic one

Dr. Monish Krishnan
Dentist 13 yrs exp Ernakulam

Hello, The spacing between teeth occur due to several reasons. If you have had any tooth extractions recently, teeth have the tendency to move to the gap leading to spacing between them. The exact cause has to be identified after proper examination only. Accordingly different treatment options may be considered other than braces. As long as your teeth are healthy and strong to take up the force given during a fixed orthodontic treatment, age is not a bar in going for such procedures. But to keep in mind the time taken to achieve the result with braces in a grown up is much longer when compared to a teenager.