RCT done. Paining.

Recently RCT was done for me in my upper left chewing tooth . Only 1st sitting done. Endodontist did temporary filling asked me to come after 12 days. I did it at Balaji Dental College Chennai. I have been given Antibiotic and paracetamol pain killer. Now I have pain in the RCT (chewing upper )tooth and also over the front tooth,lower tooth& gums. The pain spreads to the lower tooth and gums. What could be the problem? Why does the pain spread? In-between the RCT tooth and other tooth there is a gap. Food particles get stuck there, hence I went to do RCT. The Dentist student did temporary filling but did not fill the gap between RCT tooth and other tooth. So my tongue keeps pressing the gap between the teeth. When ever my tongue presses against the gap in between the teeth, I develop pain which radiates to my ear and left side of head. I told all this to Endodontist girl before RCT. She doesn't seem to have filled the gap between the two teeth.

Doctor Answers (3) on RCT done. Paining.

It is common to have post-op pain. Please visit a dentist and on his advise continue the antibiotics for a few more days. If the temporary filling has come out then get a permanent filling done.

We can relieve the tooth of occlusion so that the RC treated tooth get rest.

Looks like the root canal treatment is not complete as you have been recalled for the second visit. Please check with your dentist as soon as possible to rule out pain . The space between the teeth should be assessed clinically to find out whether it is due to a cavity or just a normal space. However , check with your dentist.
Dr. K. G. Rajasekaran Chennai | Dental Surgeon
Sir,

The pain may not be because of that unfilled gap.
Kindly do take analgesics, as prescribed by the dentist.
Pain may be because of multiple reasons.
Those can be ascertained only after clinical examination and radiographic evaluation.
Kindly check with the concerned dentist who did rct for you.