Quit smoking

I'm a 22 year old male and have been smoking for the past 4-5 years. I know it is very bad for my health and I want to quit. I am having difficulty in controlling the urges and end up smoking every time I decide to quit. Kindly guide me.

Hello there.  I can understand your concern.  A strong will power is required to quit smoking thats all. But sometimes people get tempted to smoke and feel like they can never quit. Try a nicotine chewing gum or a patch for few weeks. You can consult a psychiatrist in person for further evaluation and management.  Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.
Harisha N L

First and foremost you must understand quiting smoking is a very gradual process. You should have strong determination and patience if you want to quit....and medications can't be prescribed just like that...de addition is a multi step procedure... you need to undergo counselling sessions to get motivated later on medications can be started... I would suggest you to consult nearest deaddiction center they will do the needful.
Dr. Rama S.K
Internal Medicine 16 yrs exp Dimapur
Longlasting nicotine patch..with nicotine gum and tab bupropion will help you do so....but you need to meet an expert...sorry I m at Pune