Pullups gave me neck pain

Actually i was doing pull ups about 1.5 years ago, i suddenly felt something streched & after that severe pain started in my neck... It was too difficult to move neck, it lasted for a week & after that i started feeling good although sitting or looking at one direction for long time gave me pain... But the pain has now increased, its even aches when i move my left hand... I tried sleeping without pillow but its not effective...sometimes i get relief for short period of time after moving my head left and right until cracking sound is heard.... I guess its some kind of pinched nerve, tough i don't know much about it... Please help me

Doctor Answers (1) on Pullups gave me neck pain

Dr. Anjana Gupta (P.T.) Delhi | Physiotherapist
Hello Thanks for asking a question on Practice.I am Dr Anjana Gupta I am in Practice in Greater kailash part 2 It seems you have injuries your neck. It could be at any level muscles , ligaments,tendons or disc involvement. The pain will not go just like that. You need proper management instructions and precautions. Consult a Physiotherapist she can guide you proper management.Don't worry but please don't ignore you are too young to have such pains. With proper Physiotherapy sessions you will recover .Best of luck From your