Psychosis Treatment Advis

Hello, From the replies I got for one of my query in practo I got to know that my cousin is suffering from Phychosis. we tried to take him to doctor, he is not ready to visit doctor and he says that he is alright. Can someone tell me how to convince him or can some doctor make him to visit the clinic in Bangalore?

Doctor Answers (4) on Psychosis Treatment Advis

Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Hello  you guys can contact me and make your cousin to talk to me to.stike a comfort level ànd later can visit me at my clinic.
Dr. Kavita Sagarkar Mumbai | Psychiatrist
Hi, if the patient is not having insight that he has a problem, the family members ie. father, mother, sister , brother any of these can visit a Psychiatrist and give details of the behaviour changes , how long this has been going on etc. Based on this , the doctor can then prescribe medication in liquid form which can be mixed with the food/drink without patients knowledge. This can help patient feel better and get symptoms in control. Once patient is a bit better , he / she can be persuaded to visit the Psychiatrist. Very often patients who have psychosis refuse treatment . This method is frequently used to help these patients. Hope this helps, All the Best!
Dr. Sachin Arora Delhi | Psychiatrist
In many cases of psychosis, patient refuses the illness and taking professional help in these cases is indeed challenging...

But if you can anyhow convince him... by making any excuse... dat would be good..

Sometime we need to give covert medications also.

Consult a psychiatrist locally.
Dr. Satish Ramaiah Bangalore | Addiction Psychiatrist
If someone has limited insight into their condition, it can be challenging to convince them for a consultation. Try telling them that he and other members of family seems to be under stress and as a family you can go for some counselling. Keep appreciating their perception and don't keep saying they have a problem, particularly when they are not agreeing. Please call People Tree Hospital (google for the number) and ask for me to discuss further. Thanks