Protruded and long teeth
I took braces treatment at age 19. Results were poor since it was low cost braces. Now can I take braces treatment again? No tooth extraction was done at first treatment. Also my front teeth are long and my smile is teethy and awkward. Is it possible to trim length of tooth? !

Dr. Bianca Nazareth Arya
Periodontist 13 yrs exp Nagpur

Your age and previous history of orthodontic treatment should not deter you from seeking treatment again. Just ensure that the second time round you choose an experienced orthodontist. Do not compromise. Also once treatment is completed you may find that your front teeth are proportionate and perfect. Do not judge them based on their current position. If on completion you still find them unattractive they can be treated independently
Dr. Durga Kshitish Kothuru
Dental Surgeon 15 yrs exp Vijayawada

Orthodontic treatment can be redone after assessment of the underlying bone strength. Regarding Smile, it can be planned by Smile designing in coordination with braces treatment
Dr. Bhavan Chand Yemineni
Prosthodontist 7 yrs exp Vijayawada
Yes, you can consider braces. But it can be confirmed with few x rays, to assess the bone and extent of protrusion. At your age, it is not advisable to trim teeth as it might lead to sensitivity later on.