Protruded and long teeth

I took braces treatment at age 19. Results were poor since it was low cost braces. Now can I take braces treatment again? No tooth extraction was done at first treatment. Also my front teeth are long and my smile is teethy and awkward. Is it possible to trim length of tooth? !

Doctor Answers (3) on Protruded and long teeth

Your age and previous history of orthodontic treatment should not deter you from seeking treatment again. Just ensure that the second time round you choose an experienced orthodontist. Do not compromise. Also once treatment is completed you may find that your front teeth are proportionate and perfect. Do not judge them based on their current position. If on completion you still find them unattractive they can be treated independently
Yes, you can consider braces. But it can be confirmed with few x rays, to assess the bone and extent of protrusion. At your age, it is not advisable to trim teeth as it might lead to sensitivity later on.
Orthodontic treatment can be redone after assessment of the underlying bone strength. Regarding Smile, it can be planned by Smile designing in coordination with braces treatment