Protein intake

Hi, my age is 21. Last year I had 1 small kidney stone. (I never really drank decent amount of water so thats why). But after suffering from the problem, I started drinking lots and lots of water. Now my lifestyle includes good amount of water daily. After that I have maintained a good diet also. Its been few months Ive gone to the gym, and I have taken it seriously. I want to have a decent lean-muscular body. For that I need to take good amount of protein, so I thought of taking Whey Protein supplement, 48gram daily (24g just after gym and 24g in evening) or including boiled eggs in my diet. But it is said that kidney stone patients should take less protein. Therefore Im in a dilemma. Pls help

Doctor Answers (1) on Protein intake

Dr. Amarpreet Singh Riar Delhi | General Physician
Well if you have started drinking plenty of water , than taking proteins wouldn't do any harm. Just take them in moderation, excess of everything is bad. Moreover try to get protein from.natural sources like lean meat, fish rather than synthetic proteins because they also contain some other ingredients which might not be so healthy. So the final viewpoint is to have moderate amount of proteins and keep the diet balanced