Protein powder intake

Hi, I wanted to know if starting a daily dose of protein powder or multivitamins with milk is good or bad. are there any disadvantages of it?if not, is there any anything else one should take with these supplements?

Dr. Ameet Thakkar
General Physician 27 yrs exp Mumbai

WHO recommends a minimum of 1 gm of protein per kg bodyweight per day. If you diet does not contain this amount then you can supplement it with a protein powder. The protein content in grams is mentioned in the label which will help you to know the amount of supplemental protein you need.
Supplements are needed only in case of deficiency, specially proteins in malnutrition. Protein supplements are very costly compared to food rich in protein. Take balanced diet
Dr. Alka A. Nirantar
General Physician 41 yrs exp Pune
I need some more info.are you suffering from any illness,or ondiet for wt loss?are you vegetarian?do you know your haemoglobin levels?