Prostate gland enlarge 87

My father is suffering from enlarge gland prostate 87 CC. Please find attached report for your reference. Please advise if operation is required or it can be cured with medicine?

Doctor Answers (2) on Prostate gland enlarge 87

There is evidence to suggest obstruction to urine flow because of the prostate. Since your father is already on a foleys catheter, he can be given a trial without catheter after starting medication to relax the prostate. 
Hi Enlarged prostate seen on ultrasound itself is not an indication for treatment. If your father has some difficulty in passing urine then it needs further evaluation
I would advise your father to get a blood test called PSA done, He will also need a test called uroflowmetry and post void residual uine assessment. If these show that there is significant obstruction to urinary flow then it needs treatment either in the form of tablets or surgery depending on the severity of obstruction.