Problem of poor memory !!

Hello everybody, I am suffering from the problem of poor memory. I feel problem in remembering the names and digits this becomes a very embarrassing moment when I am not able to recall the data or figures which are just a few days old or very recently discussed in the last meeting in office. Similar problem is in case of learning new Words I not able to remember even one or two words.

Dr. Antara Gupta
Neuropsychiatrist 12 yrs exp Aligarh

How is your sleep. If its good and satisfying and your mood remains normal you don't need to visit a psychiatrist. Search for memory techniques. There are a lot of online experts.
Ms. Hema Sampath
Clinical Psychologist 11 yrs exp Bangalore

First of all feel good memory that you have written this question with the words which you remembered for so many years. without which you wouldn't be able to convey this to this forum . For further clarifications do approach a counsellor in your city and feel proud about yourself after the consultation.
Dr. Arun Jacob
Clinical Psychologist 4 yrs exp Bangalore
I would suggest that attention be paid more on how you encode these things into the memory. As we know that just with one time of full attention we can only retain 30% or even lesser of the information if that is the case then it would be much worse when we are not fully attentive. I would suggest start using aids and make notes of what you feel is important and before the next meeting you brush up these notes. Also pay attention if this problem you face is only associated with work or other areas of life. Ideal is you consult a professional who will be to assess and help you specifically with your problem.