Problem in my head

I am having a lot of stress at work , however im unable to cope with whats going on. Ive tried meditation but not been able to cope. Please help me

Doctor Answers (1) on Problem in my head

Dr. Sugandha Gupta Delhi | Psychiatrist
Stress and strain of daily living is increasing and has started to impact our society like never before. Stress is ubiquitous in origin and presence in today's times, and is likely to be more pronounced in metropolitan living and persons working in highly competitive professions. Stress management should be a learnt and taught at multiple levels. However since you have suggested that you have not been able to cope for past some time and have required medications, I am prone to believe that "stress" for your condition has probably led you to have a depressive or anxiety related disorder. In such a case my sincere advice would be to seek a professional consultation from a psychiatrist first so as to correctly diagnose and treat your condition. However I am suggesting some generic stress management strategies which may benefit you in meanwhile- Daily exercise and walk, writing a diary, spending time with family and friends, pursuing a hobby, avoid alcohol and excess caffeine, taking small breaks, making small and attainable personal and professional goals etc. These are only some of the measures and multiple more exist and are practiced by persons. . Hope this helps you..