Post delivery joint pain

My feet started hurting two weeks post-partum. This was my second baby, first baby is one and a half years old. The condition is worst in the morning and I cannot stand, feet feel sore. After 3-4 days pain came in both hands' finger joints too. Now wrists also hurt. Mostly I avoid lifting my toddler, but had to lift him on 3rd day of delivery as he demanded. I still lift him at least once daily on his demand and that brings on wrist pain. I wonder if I have got arthritis because I skip calcium during pregnancy or just the effect of relaxin which will wear off. I have breastfed my toddler until 7th month of pregnancy.

Doctor Answers (1) on Post delivery joint pain

Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello I suggest you to consult physician as you are complaining of multiple joint pains.... viral fever is common in the present weather condition so generally viral fever will present with the joint pains also   .please consult physician and get yourself evaluated for it thank you