Post ACL reconstruction 2

I have already asked a question regarding my lower leg being swelled up and calf muscle being painful after an ACL reconstruction surgery, and so far Dr Naveen kumar MS, Dr Shashin Dewanger NYPT, Dr Anuradha Sharma and Dr Biju Nirmal Jacob (PT) have been far more generous and answered with remedies to reduce pain and swell. Dr Biju Nirmal even asked if there is a warmth on the calf muscle. Yes, there is a warmth on my calf muscle and the pain has drastically reduced, thanks to all their advice. But i really need to know if its normal after an ACL reconstruction and with the tight rope in the knee and this much swell really worries me. Is it normal? And i really need to know the reasons why there is so much swell in my lower leg and why not in the knee? And also tightly wearing a bandage around the calf muscle seems to push out the swell from there and reduce the pain. Is it advisable? Though what i really like to know are the reasons.😊

Dr. Vishwas Virmani (PT)
Physiotherapist 20 yrs exp Noida

Avoid sitting Cross legged. Avoid Squatting- Quadriceps Exercises- Lie straight, make a towel role and put it under the knee, press the keen against the role, hold it for 20 secs. Repeat 20 times twice a day. This will help relieve some pain. Core Strengthening Exercise- Straight Leg Raised With Toes Turned Outward, repeat 10 times, twice a day. Hams Stretching- lie straight, take the leg up, pull the feet towards yourself, with a elastic tube or normal belt. repeat 10 times, twice a day. Sports Taping- stretch the tape from both ends and apply on the affected area Contrast Fomentation (Hot and Cold).
Dr. Madhusudhan.H.R
Orthopedic Surgeon 9 yrs exp Mysore

There are a lot of reasons like exudation and extravasation of blood and fluid and gravity dependent fluid accumulation and timing of surgery the type of rehabilitation protocol What you should be worried about is is it getting better if yes don't bother mbbs and pg will be very long to full understand why it can happen Don't put tight crepe bandage unless advised.