Platelet count

I need a Help ... on 30th September I had a blood test for my son ..everything is fine..platelet count was 266000. doctor said it's ok but ur son has viral fever..he gives Only meftal and relent syrups said No need of antibiotics..and asked to come after 3 says. I given the syrups for 3 days but not cured completely.after 3 days we went to doctor taken blood test but this time platelet was 150000 and he done dengue test it comes as negative.. he said continue the same syrups for 2 more days ..nothing to worry.. is platelet count changes in 3 days?

Dr. B Rajashekar

hello yes normal life span of platelet in circulation at any given time is 7-10 days once aged the count falls only to be picked up by new platelets bye
Dr. Jyoti Talukdar
Medical Microbiologist 18 yrs exp Gurgaon

Platelet count may fall in viral fevers and dengue. Keep taking lots of fluids
Dr. Mukesh P. Khatri
Homeopath 8 yrs exp Surat

Platelet count being decreasing at such a rate is quite risky, no doubt dengue test is serological sometimes there may be subclinical syndrome with negative reports or it may be Idiopathic thrombocytopenia / viral fever.,,,,,,apart from this if your son shows any kind of bleeding (from any orifice of body) or redish patches anywehere in the body......please consider it an emergency case.....................and consult the nearest hematologist or Physician......
at this stage is fever is not much or less than 101 degree Fahrnheit, you must keep on giving more of fluids (coconut water, mausambi juice, boiled starch, boiled fluid of porridge, boiled soup of green leafy vegetables, ) and you start taking Homoeopathic medicines after consulting a gud skilled senior homoeopathnear to your place, or can take either of Homeomedicine, Eupetor. Perfor.30, ARsenic alb, 200, IPecac 30, Carica Papaya Q- 20-0-20 drops in half cup water,....
please take note of it that appetite, thirst, stools, urine, sleep of the patient ust be maintained with precaution of any type of bleeding from any orifice or reddish patches anywhere in the body...(for ineternal bleeding) all the best.......

Platelet variation is quite normal.. Most viral fever subsides on its own.. Antibiotics don't help in this case, only symtomatic treatment is given so doctor didn't give antibiotics. Repeat platelet count after three days, consult doctor if it falls below 1 lakh.. Continue medicines given by doctor.