Plaque buildup

Hey, there's been a lot of plaque buildup recently on my teeth. It's leading to bad breath. I have recently started flossing but still need expert opinion on the same.
views-icons 66 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (3) on Plaque buildup

Hi. It's good that you shared oral pics. Usually plaque and calculus deposits around gums which gives yellowish color to teeth and also cause of bad breath. Best oral hygiene practice is to brush twice a day and also brush or clean your tongue which helps in removing bad breath. Plaque can be removed with regular brushing but over time it becomes hard due to deposition known as calculus. Calculus can be removed by professional help by a dentist. I will suggest you to go for scaling and oral prophylaxis and in meantime you can start with warm saline mouth rinses which will help in reducing inflammation in gums and bad breath. Feel free to ask any further queries. Regards Dr. Anish goyal
U need thoroughly cleaning by ultrasonic machines which cannot be removed by normal brushing and flossing so u need to visit a dentist...aftr that u need to brush twice daily and rinse mouth aftr eating and use mouth wash.
As you said yourself , plaque buildup is what is causing the bad breath. You need to see a dentist and get a thorough cleaning done. Once the existing plaque is removed it is possible you might see some bleeding when you brush or floss. Brush and floss gently but do not discontinue on account of the bleeding.