Perforation in ear drum

I have a perforation in ear drum and want to join arm forces and my hearing tests are normal so kindly guide me about tympanoplasty

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 20 yrs exp Bangalore

Please use this app to find and meet a good ENT Specialist in your own locality to examine you & if the perforation is small, and you have a non-discharging ear, discuss with him the possibility to cauterise tympanic perforation margins to encourage spontaneous healing of eardrum. This will enable you to be eligible to join the armed forces whereas a tympanoplasty scar will render you ineligible! If possible, drop in to Bengaluru & I will do the needful.
Dr. Sandeep Dachuri
ENT/ Otolaryngologist 5 yrs exp Bangalore
Tympanoplasty is a surgery done on the ear to close the perforation in the ear drum. Tissue from your own body will be used to close the perforation. You have all the information in Google and videos in You tube... As you are planning to join Armed forces, you better get it done by a senior ENT SURGEON ( otologist) .