Panic attacks-Homesicknes

Hi Doctor,
I get acute panic attacks whenever I travel away from home. There is nothing in particular that I miss but I just want to get back home asap! Its been happening for the past 5 yrs and now its getting worsen.

I now only take 1 day trips due to such attacks which is affecting my career. I need help!

Doctor Answers (1) on Panic attacks-Homesicknes

Dr. Diwakar Sharma Delhi | Psychiatrist
Hi there , I have read ur query and I thank u for raising this query becoz a lot of ppl r actually suffering from it and they don't realize dat its a treatable problem affecting their lives.
Now when u have these attacks its becoz that ur brain is hardwired to to react to threats. but sometimes brain or mind perceives threat from things which in real world are not at all harmful...may be due to faulty psychological assumption or reinforced fears from childhood or other things.This condition is called Agoraphobia. And now when it has started to affect ur functioning , it has to b treated.
treatment involves a few medicines and a behavioural therapy ( CBT).
This requires regular visits to a psychiatrist of ur choice and faith.
Rest assured u will be a changed man once u have completed the therapy.
Hope this helps u, ...feel free to consult in future.
Thank you