Painless mark inside chee

A week ago, I noticed a brown regular shaped flat spot inside my left cheek besides lower molars. There is no pain in the spot even on pressing. No swelling or bulge. I have been smoking & drinking since past 5 years. But have quit both after seeing mark. There is no change in mark since last 7 days. What it can be?

Doctor Answers (8) on Painless mark inside chee

Dr. Puja Bansal Pune | Dentist
hello, you need to consult a physician and get it diagnosed clinically.
Hi, Congrats for quitting your smoking & drinking habit.Please visit your dentist as after clinical examination only it is possible to diagnose the condition & treat. But if there is no increase in size or shape of mark no need to worry.
Dear patient congratulations on quitting the habit do not go back on this. you have'nt mentioned the size of the lesion also the diagnosis can be very varied so do not panic instead get it examined by a oral medicine specialist who can relieve you of your anxiety.
Continue to observe for any changes in the lesion and consult a centre with a specialist for these lesions.
We run a program for quit smoking and have laser detection and screening for lesions like this so you can get an immediate diagnosis and treatment if you need the same.
Naveen Arya Delhi | Dentist
You have not mentioned any history of tobacco chewing. If you have been keeping tobacco in that particular region then you should not take it lightly. Consultant a good dentist ASAP.
Hello, you need to see an oral Medicine specialist and get it checked. Regards Dr Sumanmakam
Hello, Any lesion more which is been there for more than 2 weeks is recommended to be seen and consulted by the respective doctor.. Please meet your dentist.. they will do the needful...
It might have happened due to chronic smoking. May a nicotine pigmentation. Good that you have stopped smoking so that it will not spread more. Better to consult a dentist and confirm the problem.
Hi Dear, any lesion which are painless in the oral cavity you should be more careful. As soon as possible get it checked. And as per your say, you had habit of smoking  so it becomes more important to get it examined urgently. However you need not be scared as sometimes due to smoking there is increased melanin (normal skin pigmentation) formation. Which can just be treated by Gingival ( Gums) Depigmentation. Take care get yourself examined by Dental specialist.
Visit Dentist, preferably Oral physician, we do provide Oral physician Consultation at Care Dentaire Dental Clinic, Also I myself hace specialized in gum Depigmentation.