Pain while chewing

Have pain while chewing. A periodontist said the pockets are deep and infection is deep. Will need a flap surgery . another dentist took a local x-ray and said flap is not needed but rct is. Can someone pls look at this x-ray and tell me if tooth is infected or something related to gum and what would be the treatment needed

Doctor Answers (4) on Pain while chewing

Depending on your X-ray, one can say that you don't need a flap surgery because there is no visible bone loss around your teeth. But yes there is infection at the top of the roots. So in this case you need a Root canal treatment. Have a good day. Regards!
Dr. Ankit Jain Delhi | Dentist
Dear Practo User, A root canal treatment will relieve your pain and discomfort. No need for flap surgery. Get it done as soon as possible. Regards Dr Ankit Jain
A peridontal flap is not required for this condition. An RCT followed with a cap will be sufficient. Kindly follow that RCT to be performed by an endodontist and capping to be done by a prosthodontist for the best result. Regards
As far as your xray is concerned it shows periapical abscess,in my opinion you are better off going for root canal rather than flap surgery.