Pain under thumb nail

The skin around my nails of hand is black...And there is some kind of blackness in thumbs nails also what should I do to get them lighter

Dr. Nishant Singh Consultant Physician | Noida

Nails and skin around nails are important sign of nutritional deficiency Check vitamin B12 levels Take omega fatty acid - 7seas capsules are available over the counter Take zinc - zincovit tablets

... Read More

I have continuous pain in my right hand thumb nerve . This pain increases during night when I am asleep may be due to lack of movement. Pains when I stretch my thumb and even when I rotate my wrist. Suggest what is the issue

Dr. Abdulbazed (PT) Physiotherapist | Bangalore

Hand pain can be caused by disease or injury affecting any of the structures in the hand, including the bones, muscles, joints, tendons, blood vessels, or connective tissues. Hand pain is one feature

... Read More

I am having pain in my left thumb finger whenever I pressed it for over 6 months, haven't tried anything as it doesn't affect my day to working.

Dr. Sandip Gupta Orthopedist | Delhi

If the pain is on pressing the nail please rule out nail bed infection probably fungal. Otherwise other structures which can give rise to pain are tendons, ligaments and bone. U have to get it examine

... Read More

I have pain in left leg thumb near nail portion . earlier my nail had came out fully bt after growing up it is turned from side and pushin skin inside from both the sides so paining a lot. not able to touch any part nearby the area.

Dr. Rajdeep Dermatologist | Bangalore

You seem to be having an in growing toe nail. Visit a dermatologist or dermatosurgeon or a general surgeon near you and get it treated. In my setup I perform partial nail avulsion surgery with chemica

... Read More

So I have a thin black line on the nail of my right thumb which is permanent. It's been there for quite a while and it's a part of my nail itself, not like a pen mark or some stain which goes off. It's a part of my nail and even if I cut my nail, the line grows along with the nail itself. I just went online and checked about it and t

...

Dr. Manoj Agarwala Dermatologist | Delhi

Greetings. Such presentation is usually non-specific but very rarely can be associated with a condition called subungual melanoma which needs serious treatment. The problem is with clinical examinatio

... Read More

I see a vertical black line on my left thumb nail. Few have suggested that it is because of vitamin deficiency. Kindly suggest what should I do?

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain General Physician | Bangalore

Hello there. I can understand your concern. Its nothing of concern. It can be present in normal healthy people also. Yes certain deficiencies can also cause this issue. You can take a tab. Neur

... Read More

My skin is black near nails in both hands...... And in thumbs there is some kind of blackness... What should I do

Dr. Swathi S Aithal General Physician | Bangalore

Hello.. Well die to vitamin b complex deficiency blackening may be there so I suggest yiu to take vitamin b complex regularly for a month and see the difference...you can also meet a physician and get

... Read More

I am having left leg thumb pain since from last one month.... Due to that I am having pain while walking and for every few minutes.... Please advise.

Dr. Vandana Chauhan (PT) Physiotherapist | Noida

It can be painful if you wear tight fitted shoes/small size shoes. Or due to any injury or hit to the toe. Get an x-ray done if it was injured to ensure that there is no fracture. If its fractured,

... Read More

Stabbing pain in thumb tip is numb back of hand hurts shooting through wrist wrist is swelled pain going all the way to shoulder got emg dr said no carpol tunnel what could it be it's stating in my other one also NO INJURY

It may be neuralgia.Treatment for your symptoms will vary depending on the cause, location and severity of the neuralgia. For example, if you are found to have diabetes, strict control of your blood s

... Read More

I have blue veins at the side of my thumb (outside). They are very painful and since I play the piano I knock the black notes which causes even more pain. Help pls

Dr. Nishit Palo Joint Replacement Surgeon | Noida

Symptoms suggest varicose veins. Use protective gloves/taping while playing piano. Apply local ice for pain relief .

... Read More

Say goodbye to all skin and hair troubles

Chat with a dermatologist online

• 5-min response
  • Share pictures
  • Free follow-ups

The question asked on this page is a free question. You can ask a free health question by downloading the Practo app.