Pain near ankle

I have a pain in the left foot near ankle while walking from 3 days. Not able to walk properly. I too had swelling near ankle. Not sure if my foot is sprained or not. Could anyone please suggest.

Doctor Answers (3) on Pain near ankle

Dr. Yogishwar AV Bangalore | Orthopedist
For Pain around ankle most common reason is sprain in ankle. It might have happened while climbing up or downstairs. Use crepe bandage,  ice and topical gel. If no relief in 3 or 4 days consult an Orthopedic Doctor near you.
Dr. Vishwas Virmani Noida | Physiotherapist
Short Arcs: Lie flat on your back or sit upright with your leg placed horizontally on a flat surface like a chair or bed. Place a rolled up towel under the knee. Pull your toes towards you and clench you thigh muscles. Slowly lift your foot up off the bed until your knee is straight (keep your knee resting on the towel). Hold for 3 secs and slowly lower them on the chair. Repeat 10 times twice a day. Straight Leg Raise: Lie flat on your back. One leg and knee will be straight and other leg should be bent. Pull your toes towards you and tighten/clench the muscle on the front of the thigh, locking your knee straight. Lift your foot up in the air, about 6 inches off the bed. Hold for 3 secs and slowly lower the leg. The knee must remain straight the whole time you are doing this exercise.
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello I suggest you to consult an orthopaedician  as he will be able to examine it and suggest you if if there is any  fracture or sprain .. if required only we will get an xray done otherwise with examination only we will come to know about the status ....I suggest you to rest that ankle and not strain it....keep ice packs.. thank you..if ligament injury also you will need rest for 3 weeks...thank you