Pain in whole arm (right)

Four years back, my wife was diagnosed with post partum Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS). She used splints and took Pregabalin for 3 months. Her symptoms for CTS are gone. We have undergone NCV test twice in last 3 months and Drs are saying that there is no CTS at this point of time. However, she is having severe pain in her right arm (whole arm, shoulder to fingers; many times in wrist and finger joints). We have also consulted Rheumatologist and undergone ANA, vit-D, Anti-rheumatic factor test, uric acid etc. and all other advance tests as well. Reports of all tests are normal and Drs. are saying that she does not have RA. She has been taking 5 NSAIDs per day but still having pain. All the NSAIDs donot even work. It would be great if anybody can help us to resolve her symptoms. Will physiotherapy work? What could be the underlying cause of pain?

Doctor Answers (2) on Pain in whole arm (right)

Dr. Chirag Dalal Mumbai | Orthopedist
Many a times pt have muscle spasm which can be the cause of sever pain and can mimic radiculopathy. But as you have got NCV done which is negative for cts it rules out radiculopathy also. Just need to rule out muscle spasm.
Dr. Ravi Nayak Mumbai | Orthopedist
From what you have described, she has pain in the entire upper limb from the shoulder to the fingers. This can also happen due to pressure on nerves in the neck, called radiculopathy. You need to consult an Orthopaedic surgeon who will examine her thoroughly and prescribe treatment accordingly. I also reccomend that she should discontinue/reduce the NSAIDs to avoid adverse effects.