Pain in the waist area
I occasionally get excruciating pain around the waist area. Its so much that I can't lie down or even get up. Then it suddenly goes away for a few days then returns. I have a sitting job with long hours in the computer. Could this be due to posture? If yes then why only this area

Dr.J.Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas
General Physician 17 yrs exp Chennai

This can be due to compression in Spinal Cord I would suggest that you visit a Neurosurgeon to undergo clinical examination at the earliest
Dr. Harsha
Hi there...what part of the waist are you getting pain? Also is there any associated vomiting loose stools, doesn the pain increase while passing urine? Such acute pain abdomen could be due to many reasons like acute appendicitis, intussusception, panceatitis, kidney stones, pelvic inflammatory disease or any bone involvement. So it need a complete examination with probably blood tests, ultrasound abdomen and pelvis, x ray. So kindly consult a general surgeon wothout delay for further evaluation.

Back pain around waist area Pain in right waist area